Tomato chutney fulfill the menu if you are preparing any stuffed paratha or puri. What we call it ”char chand lag jayege” , in the serving plate. So Today I prepared it for my family for a change as I prepared stuffed dal ka paratha. And I am very happy because all of my family members love it and my choosy daughter too. Hurreyy!!!
Do you want to know how I prepared it ? OK then what we are waiting for. Just put your hands in it…
Ripe Tomatoes – according to the family size
Oil – 1tsp
Fennel seeds(sauf) – 1tsp
Coriander powder – 2tsp
Red chilly – 1/2 – 1 tsp
Salt – 1tsp(or according to taste)
Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
Sugar- 2 tsp
kasuri methi- 1tsp
Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
Tez patta(Indian Bay leaf) – 2 to 3 leaves
Dry red chilly – 1 or 2
Cardamom and Long pepper – 1 or 2
Coriander leaves – For Garnishing
Step by Step Procedure in image
- Chop the tomatoes unevenly in small pieces or you can grind it little bit, but take care don’t make puree.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add dry red chilly, tez patta, long and cardamom first.
- Now add Ginger paste,sauté it once then add chopped Tomatoes to it.
Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly and coriander powder and mix well.
- Cover it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add sugar and kasuri methi and mix well.
- You can add some water if you want to make the consistency thin.
- After getting the required consistency switch off the flame and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves
- You can use it for Next day also if kept in refrigerator.I prefer to take it when I was traveling.
- You can give it to one year+ baby, but please separate a small quantity before adding red chilly to it.
- You all enjoyed the recipe. Please share your experience this sweet sour chutney. And share the recipe with your friends too.