When I prepared beetroot wheat cake , my daughter become so happy and eats it well. But within a week she started demanding for chocolate cake. 😫 “chalo bhai lag jao phir se kaam pe”. 😜
But the best part is she enjoyed it and take it in her lunch box. I used little of my kalakari😜 to make her happy by making eyes , nose and mouth with the muffins(Prepared from the remaining batter).
This cake help me to gain lots of appreciation from relatives and friends who come in my place after holi.☺️ I just warm the cake in micro wave and add ice-cream as a topping.
So one cake with lots of possibilities….😀
So here I am again in front of you with a healthy recipe..
must reading articles..
- Churma – Prefect instant food for baby while traveling.
- Tasty Hot-Sticks for Lunch Box
- Home-made tomato ketchup – Kids Favorite
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar powder(can also use palm sugar powder)
- 1/2 cup malai – That is always available in my refrigerator for preparing home made ghee. (If malai is not available 1/2 cup olive or any unflavored cooking oil can be used)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Chocolate essence ( 1/2 tsp)
- Coco Powder – 1 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Mix all dry ingredients well(wheat flour, soda,sugar,coco powder) together.
- Take a big bowl, pour milk, malai /oil and mix them well in one direction until it desolve properly.
- You can use beater to mix the batter.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well, you can add some more milk if batter is thick.
- Now add essence and mix well, always mix the cake in one direction.
- Grease the mould, by applying butter to its surface and spreading some flour. The cake will come out easily if we grease the tin properly. See beat root wheat cake for greasing images.
- Pour the batter in the tin. Tap it two times to level the batter.
- Take some chocolate chips(optional), spread some wheat flour over it and mix well.
- Adding flour makes the chocolate chips to be stable in the upper portion.
- Spread it over the batter.
- I prepared it in bati over, preheat the oven and put the tin over it for 55 minutes in low flame.
- You can bake it in oven for 30 min in 160° after preheating it.
- Let it be cool in the oven itself to maintain its fluffiness.
- Take it out from the tin carefully and enjoyed it with your family.😋
- I didn’t pour all the batter in the tin, and put the remaining batter in muffins tray to make eyes, and mouth of the cake😛 and insert half chotu munch in the middle to make nose.
- My daughter loves this idea and enjoyed it by clapping.
- I never forget to prepare cake while traveling.
- This cake can be given to toddlers above 2 years old.
- See the images for better preparation.
- Can be given as a side dish in lunch box, can be served as a brownie by heating it and adding ice-cream or hot chocolate to it.
To get regular updates please subscribe to my blog and my Face-book page
Hope I am able to explain the recipe well.
Do let me know the response of your kids and family.