Hello all, very happy and damn excited to share my new experiment with cake. Earlier I prepared cake with maida ( finely milled refined and bleached wheat flour) as normally everyone do.
But when my daughter grown up little and started eating it, I didn’t feel good when she eat it. Every child has a trust on his mother , that whatever their mother give them to eat is the healthiest food ever. When she ate that maida cake, guilt rolled around me.😪 So I decided to try it with wheat, and here is the outcome in front of you all.😃 Now my daughter used to take it in her lunch box and share with her friends too.
The taste is almost the same, even my choosy daughter say nothing and ate it easily as she eat that maida cake. “lag gai meri to lottery“😜
Here I go with the recipe……………
Have you gone through this :
Home-made tomato ketchup – Kids Favorite
Tasty Hot-Sticks for Lunch Box
Wheat Flour Mathri/suhali
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar powder(can also use palm sugar powder)
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1/2 cup home made malai – That is always available in my refrigerator for preparing home made ghee.
- 1/2 cup water – I used beat juice and add it in the water for color.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Rose essence ( 1/2 tsp) – I used rose essence because I am preparing pink cake.
- Pinch of red color – If not using beat juice
Some important articles you must read
Herbal milk at your home – uncountable benefits(best drink before and after bed)
Diarrhea – causes, solution and home remedies for infants and kids
Sample Food Chart for 1-2 year baby
Method of preparation
- Mix all dry ingredients well(wheat flour, soda,sugar) together
- Take a big bowl, pour milk, malai and beat root water and mix them well.
- You can use beater to mix the batter.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well, you can add some more milk if the batter is thick.
- Now add essence and mix well, always mix the cake in one direction.
- Grease the mould, by applying butter to its surface and spreading some flour. The cake will come out easily if we grease the tin properly. See the image for this.
- Pour the batter in the tin. Tap it two times to level the batter.
- Take some tutty fruity, spread some wheat flour over it and mix well.
- Adding flour makes the tutty fruity to be stable in the upper portion.
- Spread it over the batter.
- I prepared it in bati over, preheat the oven and put the tin over it for 55 minutes in low flame.
- You can bake it in oven for 30 min in 160° after preheating it.
- Let it be cool in the oven itself to maintain its fluffiness.
- Take it out from the tin carefully and enjoyed it with your family.😋
- This cake can be given to toddlers above 2 years old.
- See the images for better preparation.
Hope I am able to explain the recipe well. Do let me know the response of your kids and family. I will be happy in hearing the response.
To get regular updates please subscribe to my blog and
my face book page.