Today i prepare palak(spinach) ki puri in breakfast. In winters I can’t resist myself for preparing fried things and specially when my daughter loves it so much.
All mothers want to prepare the food which is healthy as well as easily taken by their kids. So decided to share this recipe with all the mothers.
you can refer this links also for your growing baby….
Safe Home made playing dough- loved by kids..
Different Learning activities for 1 to 2 years baby
Food for 11-12 months Baby
As we all know Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, and vitamin C. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, protein, and choline. Omg there are so many….
Here is the recipe for you all………
- Bunch of spinach
- wheat flour 2 cup or according to family size
- suzzi – 1/4 cup
- oil- 1tsp for making dough and for frying
- carom seed(azwain) – 1tsp
Step by step method with pictures…
Method of preparation
- Wash and roughly chop the spinach.
- Put it in the pressure cooker with just half cup or less of water as spinach itself contain water.
- Switch of the flame just after 2 whistel. Grind the spinach well and make a puree.
- Add all the ingredients in the flour and mix well.
- Now add the spinach puree and make a tight dough.
- Cover it and left it for half an hour.
- Apply oil in its surface and knead it again to make the dough more smoothly.
- Make small small balls with the dough and roll a puri by appling some flour over its surface.
- Heat the oil meanwhile and check its temperature by putting a pinch of dough in the oil. When its come up immediately, it means the oil is heated properly.
- Now fry tasty puri one by one.
- I added suzi just to increase the crispiness of the puri.
- Refer the images shown to make a perfect puri.
- Palak puri is good for our kids lunch box too.
- You can serve it with any chutney, curd, tea,pickle ,vegetables etc.
Hope you all enjoyed the recipe and making your mind to try it in your kitchen too. You can subscribe my blog for different recipes for kids and family and like my face-book page for all updates.