Mango is called as ‘King of Fruits’ because of its taste and nutrition . Elders , kids, toddlers all loves its taste.
Beyond the sweet, luscious taste of mangoes, they also contain an abundance of vitamins,minerals and antioxidants that assure optimum health. Even when I ask my 4 year daughter that, which fruit you love most, she said without taking time Mangooo…And when it’s season go, she used to ask, “Mumma mango wapas kub aayega.”
Health benefits of Mango shake
One cup of mango juice contains calories (128), protein (<1 gm), carbohydrate (0.8gm). It is also loaded with vitamin C, A, B, E, & K. Minerals like potassium (61gm), calcium (43 gm), magnesium (8 gm), phosphorous (5 gm), iron (0.9 gm), selenium (1 mcg), sodium (13 gm). One cup of mango juice contains about 60% of your daily requirement of vitamin C and 40% of daily requirement of vitamin A.
- Strengthen Immune system – Mangoes are such fruits which promote immune system in your baby. The high carotene and beta-carotene content present in mangoes promotes the immune system and makes it stronger.
- Good for Eyes – good supply of vitamin A is needed for proper and quick development of eye sight which is present in mango
- Strengthen bones – Milk, which is the integral part of mango shake, is having vitamin D and calcium, helps in strengthening of bones.
- Enables brain development:Mangoes are rich in vitamin B-6 and glutamine acid which helps in improved brain functioning, memory and concentration.
- Easily Digestable : Mangoes contain enzymes and biochemicals such as esters, terpenes and aldehydes which promote digestion.
- Their are many other benefits of having mangoes and mango shake. It is good for heart, control acidity, maintain blood pressure, prevent cancer, for glowing skin. And it is good during pregnancy also.
I know after reading its health benefits you are now quite excited to prepare this delicious drink in your kitchen😋 for your choosy little one.
So today I am going to prepare yummy yummy mango shake …Lets join me😀
Ingredients required :
- Ripe mango – 2 or according to the family size
- Cold milk – 1 cup
- Cold water – 1/2 cup
- Sweetner – 4-5 tsp (sugar/jaggery powder/palm sugar/honey)
- Saffron(kesar) – few strands(optional)
- Cardamon powder (optional)
Party Paratha – Loved by all
Eggless Chocolate Wheat Cake
Party Paratha – Loved by all
Method of preparation
- Wash mangoes under running water
- Peel the mango and chop unevenly.
- Add chopped mangoes ,water and sugar(I used jaggery powder) in a blender and blend it to a fine paste.Then add milk.
- Blend all the ingredients together. Adjust the quantity of milk to get the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder while serving it . It give a nice aroma and look.
- Give it to your baby without adding ice.
Have a look very interesting articles..
Different Learning activities for 1 to 2 years baby
Food chart for 3-4 year school going kids
Measures to be taken while feeding mangoes to babies.
- Baby must be 7 month plus.
- Mangoes should be used after leaving it in water for more than a hour.
- Do not feed unripe mango: Unripe mango is not to be fed to infants. Unripe mango can be very sour and babies might not like it and moreover, unripe mangoes can be indigestible to many infants.
- Check out for allergies: Mango being a tropical fruit might be allergic to some people.
Hope this article prove beneficial for everyone and you all started giving mango shake to your little one in summer.
To get regular updates please subscribe to my blog and my Face-book page
Hope I am able to explain the recipe well.😐 Feel free to ask if you have any doubt related to the recipe in comments.
Do let me know the response of your kids after having it.
ref : http://www.parentinghealthybabies.com/