Here I am with the recipes of 11 yummy paratha that is good enough for the family and you can add it to your kids lunch box. They will definitely enjoy it.
Aloo ka paratha
Palak ka paratha
Methi ka paratha
Green peas paratha
Muli ka paratha
Aaloo ka paratha
This paratha is well known and loved by almost everyone. It’s very easy to prepare and tasty as well as healthy to eat. This paratha is most popular among North Indian and punjabi’s. My family loved it too. So here I go with the recipes without wasting your time.
- Boiled potato, Roasted cumin powder, Salt ( black n white both), Garam masala, Chart masala(optional), Lemon/ dried mango powder (amchur), Bread crumbs, Finely chopped coriander leafs, Ginger garlic paste( optional).
Mesh the potato well, put all the spices and all other things in it and mix it well.
Stuffing is ready to fill in the dough.
Whole wheat flour – according to the family size.,salt ,water
Make a smooth dough by mixing all three.
Atta (wheat flour)– little extra on side for rolling the paratha
Oil – for applying on paratha
Butter or makhan – a dollop to serve on top of paratha(optional) . These other ingredients and the preparation of dough are common for all paratha that I mentioned below.
Tasty Hot-Sticks for Lunch Box
Lets make the yummy yummy paratha
- Make smooth and soft dough. Cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes knead the dough again one more time to make it smooth.
- Using your both palm, make smooth ball and then flatten it out.
- Apply wheat flour on both side and roll into 3-4 inch diameter circle using rolling pin and board.
- Now put some potato stuffing in the middle of the circle and wrap it from all sides.
- Again apply wheat flour on both side and roll it very gently and make a 6 inch diameter round.
- Now heat the tawa and place the rolled paratha on it. Cook it well by applying some oil on both side.
- Yummy paratha is ready to served with chutney or curd.
- The technique of stuffing and rolling are same for all the paratha that I mentioned below.
- Make the dough while boiled potatoes are cooling. and make stuffing while dough is resting to speed up the process.
- To Make the perfect stuffed paratha, dough needs to be soft and smooth. If the dough is not smooth then it will give hard time rolling. If the dough is hard (not soft) then it will break while rolling. and stuffing will come out from the edges.
- One secret for unbreakable aaloo paratha is that, you can add 2-3 spoon of bread crumbs to it if stuffing is coming out while rolling. It will make the rolling very easy and enhance the taste as well
- Just omit other spices except salt and cumin if preparing for your little one.
Must have a look
Palak (Spinach) ka Paratha
As we all know spinach is a super food loaded with tons of nutrients in a low calorie package. We can prepare its paratha in two different way.
First way – By putting the spinach in the wheat flour and making a dough out of it.
Second way– By making a stuffing
- Firstly wash the spinach thoroughly and chop it in to small pieces.
- Put the spinach in the pressure cooker for one wishtel. It soften the spinach and spinach will mix well with the flour.
- If you want you can pureed it or you can use it directly after pressure cook.
- Allow the spinach to cool down.
- Take 2-3 cup of wheat flour.
- Add the chopped spinach and some spices like salt,red chilies, fennel seed (saunf) and make a dough. You can also add ½ teaspoon of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon of amchur powder and ½ teaspoon of garam masala powder. You can also add ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds or ¼ teaspoon ajwain seeds.
- The spices mentioned above are optional. You can make it mild or spicy , choice is yours 🙂
- Leave it for 15 minutes, knead the dough again and apply oil to its surface to make it more smooth.
- Then make healthy and tasty paratha out of it.
- This paratha is healthy for yours kids too..
For stuffing you need:
Oil – 2 teaspoons + more for frying paratha
Ginger paste or freshly grated – 1 teaspoon
Green chili – 1, chopped finely
Onion – ¼ cup, chopped finely
Desiccated coconut – 1 tablespoon (optional)
Palak (Spinach) – 1 ½ cup, washed, trimmed, chopped finely
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add onion, ginger paste and green chilies.
Saute for couple of minutes or till the onion turns translucent.
- Then add dry coconut, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and salt., and cook for a minute. Spinach will wilt down. Turn off the stove and let it cool down slightly.
- The stuffing is ready to put in the dough balls and roll it to make paratha.
- Serve with any curry, sabzi or dal. It can be served with raita, yogurt or pickle.
Methi ka paratha
Methi also known as fenugreek , is a small green herb , found in winters. Fresh leaves of methi are used to make parathas or vegetables .
Wash and chop finely the methi leaves and add it to the wheat flour. Put some salt, Red chili powder(optional),Turmeric powder , cumin seeds ( jeera ) ,Saunf (Aniseed), Heeng ( asafetida )- ¼ tsp. Make a smooth dough by adding required water to it. You can refer this video, it will clear you out the method.
Make paratha out of it. As the winters started , I prepared it for the breakfast and put one in my daughters lunch box with a doubt in mind whether she will like it or not. I am happy , she finished it. 🙂
Paneer(cottage Cheese) paratha
Yummyyy… Yes this is one of the favorite paratha of mine and my daughter’s too. This paratha is very tempting and very soft so can be taken by kids very easily.
It is very easy to prepare, just grate the paneer( cottage cheese) , add salt, red chily powder, finely chopped coriander leaves, chart masala. You can add other common spices too if you want, but by adding much spices the taste of paneer will lost.
Always prefer home made paneer(cottage cheese) for healthy cooking.
Tips: If you have less paneer or if the stuffing is coming out while rolling , add bread crumbs it will enhance the taste and the feeling doesn’t come out. 😀
Green peas paratha(Matar ka paratha)
This paratha is specially made in winters at my home. Everyone in my family loves this paratha. You can have this paratha with sweet curd. The combination of both just taste amazing.
Green peas – 2 cups, Oil – 4 teaspoons., Onion – 2 small(optional)-chopped finely,Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoons, Green chilies (optional), Gram flour-2 teaspoon,Cumin powder – 2 teaspoons, Red chili powder – 3 teaspoons, Amchur-2-teaspoon, Salt – to taste
Grind green peas slightly. Now heat the pan , add oil once heated add gram flour and saute it for a minute in medium flame once it change its color, take it in a bowl. Now again put some oil in the pan Once hot add asafoetida and immediately add onions, green chilies, ginger paste and garlic paste. Cook them till onions are light brown. Then put grinded green peas, salt, cumin powder , red chili powder and amchur. When all the ingredients mixed well and a good aroma coming out add the roasted gram flour to it. Cook till its dry.
Allow it to cool down and made paratha out of it.
Note: I added gram flour to increase its consistency so that the feeling doesn’t come out while rolling.
Must have a look
Cauliflower (gobi ka) paratha
Gobi ka paratha is one of the common paratha loved by almost all.Gobi ka paratha is absolutely delicious one of the most popular paratha in North India. These parathas are stuffed with grated cauliflower.
Grate the cauliflower properly add red chili, salt , amchur, chopped green chili, chopped coriander leaves . Mix them all properly. The stuffing is ready to prepare paratha. If you want you can cook the cauliflower.
Onion are easily available in almost every kitchen. It is very easy to cook paratha. Just you need fi
nely chopped onion, red chili, amchur, garam masala and salt to taste.
For all onion lovers these onion parathas are a must to have. Easy to prepare and they also make a good tiffin box snack or lunch. .
Papad ka paratha
I am feeling very happy while sharing this paratha recipe. As this one is my childhood favorite paratha. This paratha is not common in every family. But it is a very tasty and easy to make paratha. As papad is easily available in every house of India.
I have a great carving of this paratha at my pregnancy time., and one of the best part is this, my daughter started loving it 🙂
Crush the roasted papad properly. You can use the rolling stick(belan) for crushing it properly. Add melted 2 teaspoon of ghee, red chili powder, and a pinch of salt. No need to add much spices as papad itself contain salt and other spices.
So here the stuffing is ready to prepare yummy paratha.
Mulli(Radish) ka paratha
Mooli paratha is a regular fare in punjabi house hold. The stuffed parathas made with mooli filling. One couldn’t resist the taste even if not a fan of radish. The stuffed paratha made from mooli filling is tasty because of the way it is prepared. Most of the odor is gone once cooked properly. What remains is the taste of mooli along with Indian spices that goes really well in paratha.
Grate the mooli and squeeze its juice properly. Heat the pan put some oil, when heated add asafoetida and azwain and add 2 tea spoon of gram flour to it. When it roasted well add the grated mooli and spices like salt, red chili, chopped green chili, amchur, garam masala.
Gram flour add magic to this type of parathas. It will absorb the extra moisture from the stuffing and it become easy to roll the paratha and the stuffing doesn’t come out. This is my secret of preparing a good paratha , that I am sharing with you all. In paneer and aloo paratha we can’t add gram flour, here bread crumbs do its work.. .
A very simple , health and very tasty paratha. One of my favorite and easily taken by kids.
Just grate 4- 5 carrot and add it to the wheat flour. Add some spices like salt, red chili, chopped green chili, saunf.. Prepare dough and make paratha out of it. Very easy to roll just take care of one think very less quantity of water is required to make the dough as carrot itself is full of water.
I always prepare this paratha with the left over rice. I think one of the easiest , tasty and healthy paratha.
If the rice you have is in large quantity, just mix it with the wheat flour and prepare dough. Simply add
salt, red chili, green chopped chili, coriander leave and saunf to it.
If quantity of rice is not much, make a tasty stuffing by adding same spices as mentioned above.
So enjoy winters with this delicious and healthy paratha. I hope this recipe will help you out in putting smile on your kids and family members face.
To get regular updates please subscribe to my blog and my
my Face Book page
If you like the recipe do share it and please please please do comment if you have new ideas of preparing paratha.