Today I am very happy to share such a useful and wonderful recipe with you all. I prepared it today for my daughter as I come across with this recipe in a you tube video. Can’t resist myself for sharing this healthy recipe with you as my daughter accept it with milk easily by saying “ mumma toady milk is so tasty”. I just feel so good that I m giving such a nutritious drink to my kiddo and she accept it so easily.
My friend and relative suggests lots of instant drink that are available in market. But as a mother I don’t prefer those drink because of quality issue. So I prepared my instant home made drink and I m feeling very happy to share the recipe with u.
Hope your baby love it too.
So here I proceed with the recipe…shall we!
1. Good For The Brain:
Almonds contain various nutrients that help the health and development of your baby’s brain. Eating almonds will also promote your baby’s intelligence levels. Almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine that will help increase your baby’s brain activity. These will also prevent the occurrence of Alzheimers disease in later years.
2. Controls Cholesterol:
Though this benefit may not help your baby right now, but eating almonds will help keep cholesterol levels in check as he grows. Avoid salted or sugar-coated almonds.
3. Prevents Diabetes:
Eating almonds prevents the occurrence of diabetes in later years. Among nuts almonds are the richest in nutrients and contain the highest amount of Vitamin E . Eating almonds can prevent diabetes as they have low glycemic index.
4. High nutritional value
Almonds are loaded with nutrients like vitamin E, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper and other beneficial compounds.
5.Improve complexion :
Almonds are said to be one of the best thing to improve the complexion by experts.
6..Regulate blood pressure
The potassium present in almonds helps to regulates blood pressure, and almonds are very low in sodium, which helps to control fluctuating blood pressure. The other nutrients also keep the body balanced in terms of other essential needs, which can prevents any other deficiencies.
7.It relief from constipation, respiratory disorders, coughs, heart disorders, anemia.
This highly nutritional nut is a rich source of vitamin E, calcium, phosphorous, iron and magnesium. It also contains zinc, selenium, copper and niacin. Compared to all other nuts, almonds are the most packed with nutrients and beneficial components.
Must read articles
Safe Home made playing dough- loved by kids..
Almonds – 1 bowl
Palm sugar or Misri /Granulated sugar- 1/2 bowl (optional)
Saffron – 4 Strands
Step by Step Method with pics
- Boil 3 cup of water then switch off the Flame.
- Dip almonds in the boiled water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the warm water using a colander and put the almonds immediately to normal cool water.
- Drain the water again using colander and spread the almonds in a clean cotton cloth so that the excess water is absorbed.
- Now remove the skin of the almonds. Removal of almond skin become very easy after all those procedure.
- Heat a pan or Kadai and lightly roast the almonds for 3 to 4 minutes in medium flame to make it dry completely.
- Allow it to cool completely, now grind the almonds in small batches and make powder out of it.
- Remember grind it not more than 20 seconds to avoid the overheating of mixer and release of oil from almonds.
- Grind misri and cardamom together and almonds and saffron together. Then mix both of them.
- Allow the powder to cool down completely then keep it in an air Tight container.
If your baby or kids love chocolate flavor milk , you can add cocoa powder to it.
11.For chocolate almond powder, add 1.5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder to half cup of prepared almond powder and mix it nicely. Keep it in air tight container
Have to go through it : Food for 11-12 months Baby
Adding with Milk
Add one spoon of almonds powder in the milk and mix it well. Then boil it by adding some amount
of water to it in the starting days so that it will digest well . Boiling of milk is not compulsory. I boil it as the saffron mix with milk well after boiling. So a healthy and tasty drink is ready for your kids.
You can refer this video also but always use your own way of preparing anything..use things that are easily available and good for your baby.
- Always Use a dry spoon to take almond powder to avoid solidification
- Daily a cup of almond milk is enough for toddlers.
- You can add almond powder to your kids meal/cereals, cakes/cookies, milk shakes etc
- Almond milk is not suggested for babies below one year old.
- Addition of cardamom powder, saffron strands and mishri are completely optional.
- You can grind some palm sugar(tal mishri) also instead of granulated sugar.
To get regular updates please subscribe to my blog and my Face-book page
Do share your experience and any other idea’s you may have for the preparation of healthy food for our baby. Don’t forget it share it on Facebook so that needy moms comes to know about this instant drink.