Hello ladies, what I am posting today is really very helpful for all new mothers. As most of the mother are confused about the right food for their baby after he/she have completed their six month. And one more problem mothers face ‘is ready-made celerac available in market good for baby health?’ , since today we see things are adulterated. Our baby’s stomach is just so delicate, we must be very careful about what we give them. Baby food must be pure and properly checked.
When my baby girl turned to 6 months, I started asking to my friends and family members what food should I start for her. I got lots of suggestions from them and really all that were very helpful for me in upbringing of my daughter.
I started noted down the recipes and now want to share with you.😘
So here is the solution for you mothers as I am posting the recipes of different food that you can give to your darling baby.😀
Recipe of Home made Cerelac for 10 months to 2 years baby
Ingredients for homemade cerelac :
- 2 cup – sooji/rava
- 1 cup – Split yellow gram (moong dal)
- 1 cup – poha(chirwa)
- 1 cup – sabudana
- 13 pieces – almonds
- Wash moongdal and sabudana and sun try it properly .
- Roast all the ingredients separately in a pan until all become light brown. Roast almonds with all of them except sabudana. It means almonds are not to be roasted with sabudana.
- Now mix all of them and wait until it come in normal temperature for grinding. Now grind all of them together and prepare a fine flour. Put the cerelac in a airtight jar.
- Shelf life of home made cerelac powder in summers is up to 2-3 months. In rainy season, store it up to a maximum of 1 month .
- Its ideal to make small fresh batches of this home made cerelac.
- The quantity we use doesn’t last for more than 1 to 2 months as this is the food you can fed your baby 2 times a day.
- If you want you can put the container in fridge also.
Can also prepare : Home made Cerelac part-2 for babies
Read: Food for 11-12 months Baby
How to Prepare :
With Water :-
Take a pan and put 1 spoon of celerac in it. You can increase the quantity if your baby finished it easily. Now put one cup of water and stir it until it started boiling. Lower the flame and allow it to simmer for 1-2 minutes and then let it be cool down. Put a pinch of salt or sugar(completely optional for below 1 year baby) in it . You can also add one spoon of ghee.
*Instead of sugar palm sugar or jaggery can be used.
Food for 9-10 Months old Baby
With Milk :-
Instead of water take one cup of boiled milk and dissolve the cerelac until no lumps are formed. Now put it into flame and stir well. Once the porridge is cooked , simmer it for 1-2 minutes and at the end add some sugar or jaggery (gur)instead of salt(completely optional for below 1 year baby). Let it cool.
Once the porridge is cooked , it starts coming off from the edge towards the center of the kadai in which its cooked and the consistency changes from liquid to a thicker one. If you want add 1 spoon Home made ghee to it.
- This cerelac can be given when baby is having loose motion too as it contains sabudana and poha.
- Prepare it with water when baby is suffering from loose motion.
- This cerelac is not recommended when baby is suffering from severe constipation.
Read : 29 way to cure constipation in babies and toddlers
Hope Your baby love it’s taste.
To get regular updates please subscribe to my blog and my facebook page.
Please share your baby reaction after having this cerelac and don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends.😀