Today I introduce a very easy and healthy food for your kiddos. Baby and kids love it because of its sweet and sourly taste.
In winter tomato soup is the regular food that I give to my daughter. But in summers also I prepare it for her in a week as she loves the taste of it.
Health benefits of tomato soup
Each bowl of tomato soup simmers with several nutrients that are highly beneficial for health. It contains vitamin E, A, C, K, essential minerals and antioxidants that can keep you as well as your baby healthy and fit.
- Bone Health:
The vitamin K and calcium present in tomato soup can help you get healthy bones. Lycopene in tomato soup improves bone mass, fighting osteoporosis.
- Disease-Fighting Lycopene:
As mentioned before, tomato soup comes packed with lycopene, the pigment that gives the fruit its bright color. Processed tomato contains more lycopene than raw ones. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which helps our skin against UV rays and antioxidants. The lycopene is released from tomatoes , when sauted in butter or any other oil. Here I have used butter instead of oil.
Selenium in tomato soup promotes blood circulation, preventing anemia.
- Mental Health:
The high concentrations of copper in tomato soup boost to the nervous system.
Tomato soup is an excellent source of vitamin A and C. Vitamin A is required for tissue development. Vitamin C is required to maintain healthy tendons and ligaments. Tomato soup provides 20% of the daily-recommended value of vitamin C. So, a bowl full of tomato soup a day can definitely help to keep the body healthy!
So lets jump to the recipe of tomato soup which i prepared for my darling…shall we?
Step by step method with images
Things required :
For serving 1
water – cup
salt – a pinch
sugar – a pinch(optional)
Black pepper- a pinch(optional) . Good when baby have cold.
Butter – 1tsp.
- Wash and clean the tomato well.
- Chopped it in big pieces and put it in pressure cooker with water. Sometimes I add little amount of spinach and carrot to it so that it become more healthy and tasty . And taste would be change for the baby and kids. Kids I tell you ,get so bored with the same taste.
- Boil the tomato well and put it in grinder. Puree it well and filter it properly with the helps of kitchen net.
- Add butter/home made ghee to a hot pan.
- Add the puree to it and let it simmer for 1 minute or so
- Add salt,sugar black pepper(optional).
Yummy, healthy , tasty soup is ready to be served. This soup is good for the mother’s also.
Note : check its temperature by putting a little amount on your wrist.