Paneer is very good for the baby. It contain the required amount of protein, calcium and vitamins required for the development of the baby. It provides better nourishment to the growing children due to its high protein and healthy fat content.
I used to give it to my daughter from the starting of her seven month. But always use home made paneer for your baby.
Benefits of cottage cheese
- Protects the teeth against harmful sugars due to its low lactose content
- children who is underweight always refer to include paneer in his diet.
- Prevents malnutrition and other protein deficiency diseases
- Helps children during the strengthening of cartilages of the body due to its high level of B group vitamins
- Even children who develops allergy to milk can have cottage cheese
- Maintains strong teeth and bones with its high calcium content
- Prevents cavities as it contains Vitamin D along with calcium
- Prevents osteoporosis caused due to Calcium deficiency
- It is good for the pregnant mothers.
How to prepare home-made paneer
Preparing paneer at home is not a difficult task. It’s very easy and can be prepared with only two main ingredients. I am sharing the step by step method of preparing paneer as some of my friend have confusion in preparing paneer at home. So I am putting my hands in preparing paneer.
Read : Kesar Badam milk for babies
Step by Step method of preparing paneer with Images
Ingredients required for preparing paneer are :-
- Milk – quantity depends on your use . But half kg is enough if you are using it only for your baby food.
- 1 lemon
- Cheese cloth
- Extract fresh paneer from the milk by adding lemon juice to the boiling milk.
Milk curdles out as shown in the picture above.
- Separate the water and paneer with the help of net.
- Now you can make paneer cubes by putting a heavy thing on it or you can directly use it by grinding it. See the images that are provided above.
How to give it to your baby
- Mesh it properly by adding boiled water and sugar in it. You can use grinder for making it in liquid form.
- Give it to your baby in cube form also . Just spread little bit of salt for taste. You can also put the cube in hot tawa for 5 to 10 sec to make it more soft and tasty . But It is good for the 10 month plus baby.
Note :- Water remains after extracting paneer is also useful. Don’t drain it. Use it in making dough or you can put it in pulses or vegetables instead of water . It is rich in good quality n easily digestable proteins. It is also a goodsource of Thiamin, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc and Selenium, and a very good source of Riboflavin, Calcium and Phosphorus.
To get regular updates please subscribe to my blog and
my face book page.
Hope your baby likes it. Do share your experience in comments and don’t forget to share it on Facebook. Sharing Good things will help others.
Thx priyanka for this valuable information. Even I too had confusion in d preparation of home made paneer.