Dal pani is the food which is simple to prepare,healthy , tasty and very nutritious for your little one.
- This lentil soup/dal pani is rich in manganese
Lentils are a Good Source Of Iron:
A half a cup of lentils contains about 3.3 milligrams of iron. Eating iron rich foods will help your baby stay strong and energetic.
- Lentils are a Rich Source Of Folate:
A half a cup of lentils contains about 179 micro grams of folate . Folate is a kind of B vitamin that helps in the formation of new cells in your baby’s body.
- Lentils are rich in dietary fiber , low in saturated fat
I always used to give it to my daughter when she turn to 6 month and still I give it to her as she love it.
This is one of the favorite food of my daughter. She took it easily when I gave her for the first time and ask for more. That was one of the awesome-st moments in my life
Now going straight to the recipe for our dear one !
Wash all the utensils like bowl , feeding spoon, pressure cooker well and make it germ free.
Split yellow Moong dal – 2 spoon (as shown in the figure).
Turmeric powder – a pinch.
Salt – a pinch.
Ghee(preferably home made) – 1 tsp.
Water – 1 cup.
- Thoroughly clean and wash the dal and soak it for half and hour. You can prepare it without soaking also but it take 4 to 5 extra whistels of presuure cooker.
- Put the moong dal ,water, turmeric powder and salt in the cooker(as shown in the images).
- Put the cooker in the flame ,after 1 or 2 whistles lower the flame so that the dal cooked properly. Switch of the gas after 5 minutes.
- Allow the cooker to open itself then beat the lentil soup. Put it in a bowl and pour 1 spoon of ghee to it.So the healthy , tasty and simple soup is ready for your little champ.
Check for the warmth by pouring a drop on to your wrist after that feed your little one with a comfortable spoon. You can start off with 5 tsp a day ,gradually increase the quantity according to your baby need.
- You can add boiled water to the soup to make it more watery or as required.
- Don’t use tuwar or chana or urad daal as it is heavy to digest initially for your baby stomach.
- As your baby turns to 7 you can increase the thickness of the lentil soup, so that it fills him/her properly and completes the nutritional requirement.
- Babies can have perfect bland food till one year of his age.
Do let me know, your experience when you give lentil soup to your cutie pie.