Your baby will love the taste of apples when served fresh and homemade!
An Apple a Day as the old saying goes is indeed good for your health. Apples are truly a wonder fruit and they may be one on your baby’s first foods.
The Goodness of Apples for Baby:
- One of the most important nutritional components of Apples is that they contain two types of fiber- insoluble fiber and soluble fiber. It helps keep the bowels regular (avoiding constipation, avoiding diarrhea).
- Naturally sweet, apple puree is easy to make and healthy for your baby. Apples are a great choice for one of an infants first food. They are easy to prepare, easy to digest and are full of nutrients. Apples are also very versatile and may be added to almost any baby recipe you find. You can mix apples with cereals, veggie purees, and use them as a natural teether , and mixed with other fruits also. .Apples should be peeled for babies under 8 months of age to ensure that there are no tummy upsets. Your baby should do fine with apple skins after 8 months of age. Of course there are many babies who do fine with apples that have the skin on so please use your own judgment.
Always peel apples that you will be serving raw as finger foods until you feel your toddler is able to handle the peels.
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- Peel, and cut apple into slices/chunks
- Place slices into a pan with just enough water to slightly cover apples
- Or you can pressure cook apple for just 2 whistle.
- Boil/steam until tender.
- Mash it properly using beater or grinder.6.Reserve any left over water to use for thinning out the apple.
7.Add the reserved water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin puree.So the yummy, tasty and healthy food is ready for your baby.