Tapioca Sago is commonly Known as “SABUDANA साबुदाना” in Hindi, “Sabakki” in Kannada or Javvarisi in Tamil, “Saggubiyyam” in Telugu. Sabudana (Sago) is a produce, prepared purely from Tapioca Root (cassavva root or arbi in Hindi ) Sabudana is considered to be an excellent foods for your…
I can easily feel the pain of a mother when their baby is suffering from loose motion. It doesn’t matter sometimes that how careful you are…it can be happened with many reasons Some are ….. 1.When baby is on exclusive breastfeed and sometimes mother take lots of…
Apply hing around navel. U should give hing with one spoon water or mix the hing with breast feed . Avoid chana daal, cholle, rajma, tuver daal, potato, cabbage, cauliflower, brinjal n papad. Chew saunf afta every meal. Give colic aid or neopeptine drops to yo baby…
By first birthday your child should be eating from the family pot 3-4 times in a day. He should take only 2-3 breast feeds and mostly eat everyday household food and seasonal fruits.
When my daughter turned one, I was so happy to introduce all varieties of food that are restricted to below one year baby like honey, cow milk etc.
Here I provide a sample food chart for one year baby with lots of variety. Choose food according to your child interest and availability.
A cup of whole cream milk. Quantity of milk some time varies as my daughter very rarely finished one cup.☹
- Ragi uttapam / Soft idli
- Home made cerelac
- Semolina vegetable Upma/Moong daal chilla
- suji/rava pancake
- Small dosa with coconut/peanut chutney (minus chillies)
- Stuffed /Plain Paratha with curd
- 1/2 bowl of milk with cornflakes and ½ banana
- 1/2 bowl of vegetable poha
- 1 cheese potato sandwich
- 1 vegetable sandwich
- Wheat seera/halwa(will share the recipe soon)
- 1/2 bowl suji halwa you can add powdered cashews and almonds
- Oats porridge with dates puree
- Roti sabzi
- 1/2 cup dalia made with milk and add some nut powdered(almond,cashew nut etc.)
- 1 scrambled egg with buttered toast
- 1 Omelette with buttered toast.
Finger sucking is often a symptom of hunger, boredom, shyness, teething, fatigue and sleep.
Some newborn babies put their fingers in the mouth as a signal of hunger. But around 3 month they again start putting their fingers in the mouth. Actually every child do this differently.
- When my daughter started sucking her thumb she is just 3 months old. That time she looks so cute while sucking thumb and everyone say please don’t take her thumb out. Just watch her cuteness, but later it becames her addiction and weakness. she needs it badly while sleeping mainly.😢
Toys provide company, relieve boredom and stimulate the neuromotor development of the child. Children are greatly fascinated and inspired by toys which enhance their imagination and creativity. Really children and toys are inseparable.🙂
The brain gets stimulatory messages through our eyes (bright colors, flickering lights), ear ( music, lullabies, rhymes and different sounds), touch ( shape, size, texture of objects) and a combination of all of the above characteristics.
The most suitable toy is the one, which is most appropriate to serve the special need of the child depending upon his age and development status or functional capabilities. It would look stupid to buy a car for a newborn baby or a rattle for a two year old!😝
The young children cannot speak, and cry is the only language to express their needs and draw attention to their hunger and sleep, pain or unpleasant conditions. Healthy infants cry for 2-3 hours on an average every day during first two months of life. Here the question is how parents suppose to know why their baby is crying? It can be tricky to interpret your child’s cries, especially at first.
Why do babies cry?😣
- Periodic crying in infants is most commonly due to hunger, thirst, wet nappies and boredom. Signs of hunger: fussing, smacking of lips, rooting (a newborn reflex that causes babies to turn their head toward your hand when you stroke their cheek), and putting their hands to their mouth.
- Many babies cry while passing urine( due to discomfort of full bladder), become quite and dazed while passing urine and start crying again after having passed urine. It is normal and should not be considered as a sign of difficulty in passing urine.
- Most infants cry and fret while falling asleep.
- Babies can be troubled by something as hard to spot as a hair wrapped tightly around a tiny toe or finger, cutting off circulation. (Doctors call this painful situation a “hair tourniquet,” and it’s one of the first things they look for if a baby seems to be crying for no reason.)😃
- Babies may cry due to fatigue and over stimulation or due to fussiness.
- Some children are placid and happy-go-luck while others are sensitive, aggressive, over demanding and easily frustrated.
- Excessive crying may occur due to teething, viral infection, headache, body aches, nose block, otitis media(earache), choking, unrecognized injury(pulled elbow or shoulder) or infection in any organ of the body.
- Crying may occur as a side effect of administration of some drugs.
- Most crying infants are comforted when picked up but when infants become more uncomfortable an picking up it indicates the presence of a painful condition in the limbs, joints and bones.
- Burping isn’t mandatory. But if your baby cries after a feeding, a good burp may be all he needs.Babies swallow air when they breastfeed or suck from a bottle, and if the air isn’t released it may cause some discomfort.
- Crying and fussiness while feeding is suggestive of teething, nose block, thrush and ulcers in the mouth.
When your baby is crying, all of your energy is focused on finding a way to calm her. You might try walking with her over your shoulder. If that doesn’t work, you might feed her or change her. On and on you go until she is calm…
If you are going for a holiday mathri is always a good option because it long last for more than a month. It can be given to babies as a finger food and good with tea or pickles. so I always carry it with me while travelling.…