By first birthday your child should be eating from the family pot 3-4 times in a day. He should take only 2-3 breast feeds and mostly eat everyday household food and seasonal fruits.
When my daughter turned one, I was so happy to introduce all varieties of food that are restricted to below one year baby like honey, cow milk etc.
Here I provide a sample food chart for one year baby with lots of variety. Choose food according to your child interest and availability.
A cup of whole cream milk. Quantity of milk some time varies as my daughter very rarely finished one cup.☹
- Ragi uttapam / Soft idli
- Home made cerelac
- Semolina vegetable Upma/Moong daal chilla
- suji/rava pancake
- Small dosa with coconut/peanut chutney (minus chillies)
- Stuffed /Plain Paratha with curd
- 1/2 bowl of milk with cornflakes and ½ banana
- 1/2 bowl of vegetable poha
- 1 cheese potato sandwich
- 1 vegetable sandwich
- Wheat seera/halwa(will share the recipe soon)
- 1/2 bowl suji halwa you can add powdered cashews and almonds
- Oats porridge with dates puree
- Roti sabzi
- 1/2 cup dalia made with milk and add some nut powdered(almond,cashew nut etc.)
- 1 scrambled egg with buttered toast
- 1 Omelette with buttered toast.